Victorian COVID Safety Measures
When working in your home One2One Removals will be implementing more stringent COVID safety measures. We ask that you abide by the following:
- All persons present onsite must wear a face mask at all times. Our removalists will do the same. (Note: our movers may remove their mask for a short period if they are undertaking highly strenuous or aerobic activities.)
- Only one customer is to be present for a brief period at the beginning of the move. This is to liaise with one of our movers and give directions. Strict social distancing of 1.5 metres must be maintained at all times.
- Customers sanitize any high touch surfaces, such as door knobs or table tops prior to our team arriving. A quick wipe down with anti-bacterial disinfectant will suffice.
- Preferably, all occupants will vacate the premises for the duration of the move. If you are unable to leave due to exceptional circumstances, we ask that you isolate in one room for the duration of the move.
- If a customer enters a room or space in which our team is working, our team will vacate that room temporarily.
- We will ask customers to verbally agree to our terms and conditions with our removals staff at the beginning of your move.
- Customers may not assist our removalists in the performance of the move.
- Please advise us immediately if they or anyone onsite: is feeling sick, has developed COVID symptoms, has tested positive for the COVID virus, is currently awaiting the results of a COVID test, has been in close contact with any person who has tested positive for the COVID virus or is in quarantine for any reason.
- Customers must advise us if any person onsite is vulnerable to the COVID virus, E.g. due to a medical condition or over the age of 70.
You must notify our office immediately; if there will be any difficulties in observing the above requirements.
The Coronavirus is having a huge impact on the way we live our lives and go about our work. Like everyone, One2One Removals is adapting daily, to help give our customer certainty and peace of mind in these challenging times. Below are some of the ways we are working to provide a safer service for our customers and staff:
- Sanitizing of our Melbourne removals trucks and equipment, at the beginning and end of each day.
- The regular use of sanitizer on removals jobs, and in particular at the start and end of each job.
- Wearing of masks on all removals jobs. Wearing of gloves where required.
- Limited contact with customers during your move. This means only one of our staff will briefly interact with one household member at the beginning of each move. We will obtain quick instructions and then ask that the customer then leave the premises or if not possible isolate in one room during the move.
- Limiting travel in our vehicles to a 2 person only.
- Recording of travel logs for all addresses our workers attend each day.
- We can also provide completely Contact-Free moves, for instance to help customers in a high risk category. This is much safer for people who do not wish to be present at the time of their house move. This will require a little more coordination in terms of creation of inventories, labeling of items to be moved and access to property keys. Feel free to call us to discuss this Contact Free move option.
- Our staff must not attend work if they are:
- feeling sick or have any COVID symptoms,
- are in quarantine or isolation for any reason, including waiting for the results of a COVID test,
- have come into close contact with a person who has tested positive for COVID.
- Keeping our teams up to date with all current rules, restrictions and best COVID safe hygiene procedures.
Please note the information presented above provides no guarantee that your move will go ahead as planned. We note that information is changing regularly and without notice. We recommend you make your own enquiries with relevant government authorities, to be certain the activity you wish to undertake is permissible under prevailing restrictions. There are strict quarantine and hygiene rules and restrictions in place to prevent the spread of COVID 19. We ask that you become familiar with these rules, and comply with them. We note there are penalties in place for breaches of current rules and restrictions.